[pythian] PROJECT - Lightmap

  • From: Jens Zetterström <yule@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 06:37:04 -0700

Hi Darryl.

I have now looked in to the lightmap problem. This is what max do:

When using the render to texture and make a baked material "render to
lightmap" max automatly flattens the uvw. This was a problem becouse
then the uvw to the diffuse color "texture" was flatten to. And that
*what i thought* was a problem. Now there is a option that can be done
the render to texture can use a different channel to the "lightmap" uvw
cordinates and save the old cordinates to the diffuse texture. So what
we need is to:

Code in a thing in the game so the lightmaps and diffuse texture use
different uvw "channels". If this not allready is what the engine do?
*Im not a coder and dont know these things* well if this is fixed there
is no problem using the max render to lightmap option.

Also finded that if this works then we can use the lightning overide
"Radiosity* lightmaps...
"will make a lot of more work but make better and more good looking
lightmaps"

/yule