[pythian] Re: MODEL - Parent and children

  • From: Darryl Long <pythianproject@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 10:01:11 -0400

Hi Yule,

It doesn't matter below the Sector level. It will work no matter how you
link things.  As long as everything in the sector is a child of the
sector (or the child of a child of the sector, etc.), you are fine.

Therefore it becomes a personal choice of what is more convenient for
you as the modeller.  However, there is one further thing to remember.
When you import this level into the new Editor, it will remember your
hierarchy and you can use it in the Editor to move your meshes around.
This may or may not be useful, I don't know, but it was easy so I am
coding it in.

Darryl