[pwguildcug] Program for July and August

  • From: Brian <skijatoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PWGUILDCUG <pwguildcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 10:49:21 +1000

Hello Group
PWG CUG Wednesday Meetings for July and August

Basic arrangements  Very elastic,  but as a guide:-
9:30  ? Noon .  Chairman        Brian Anderson
        9:30 -  Cuppa time      Q & A
        10:30 ? 11:15   Main Topic of the day
        11:15 ? Noon            How To Do It.  Two segments by
nominated members

Our numbers have been low lately so it is reasonable to expect more
personal participation in arranging and presenting topics.  It should
be easy enough for everyone to assist by providing 10-15 minute
demonstrations and also occasionally, present a topic (- ½  to  ¾
hour).

?How To  Do  It!?
Demonstrate how you do some computer task .
Try to do a task and request help with a method if you find your
result is unsatisfactory
Use any program, including ?Windows?
If time is restricting , have follow up serial sessions.
Perhaps combine with your co-demonstrator of the day
If you can't attend for your presentation, it is up to YOU to arrange
an alternative.

Roster   (In lieu of volunteers)
I believe that these members  could be available to fill a roster over
the next two months.
Let me know of any additions or deletions but YOU arrange swaps .
7 July
        Brian Anderson          ??  Set up PSP workspace
        Bill Beal               ??  Gimp
14 July
        Theo DeJong
        Jim Head
21 July
        Ken  Holdsworth
        Ron Howard
28 July
        Robin Johnson
        Andrew Kosnovsky

4 August
        Aub McLaren
        Frank Pope
11 August
        Werner Stephen
        Brian Anderson
18 August
        Bill Beal
        Theo DeJong
25 August
        Jim Head
        Ken  Holdsworth
1 September
        Ron Howard
        Robin Johnson

(Andrew Kosnovsky, Aub McLaren, Frank Pope & Werner Stephen have only
1 session each in these two months)

Suggestions for ?Main Topic?.
        Please take a topic or nominate your own choose a date,  and
prepare it. .
Some Suggestions.
Backups
Searching
Using a newsgroup
Using Skype
Using E bay
TV on the PC
DVD Burning
Xenodream demo.
Google Goodies

For the group to prosper we all need to help each other.
Comments and suggestions please.

Regards
Brian