[pwguildcug] Re: (No Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 16:30:20 +1100

  • From: Brian Anderson <skijatoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pwguildcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 10:00:53 +1100

On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 00:30:43 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 15:02:04 +1100, you wrote:
>
>>Hi all, I would like your opinion about this web site.
>>Cheers Werner
>>
>>http://www.satellitedirect.com/?hop=wisestart
>
>Hello Werner
>It ertainly looks attractive and for a one off $50 worth a try.
>I would worry about advertising tacked on and the shows on offer.
>Foxtel has some good channels bundled with a lot of rubbish in various
>packages that we never want to watch but have to pay for.
>Combining Robin's WD tv live  and this could be the cheaper  way to
>go.
>Interesting!
>Regards
>Brian

Hi Werner
I posted this message in a Melbpc newsgroup
---------------------------------

Is anyone using "Satellite Direct" from

http://www.satellitedirect.com/?hop=wisestart   ?

It looks attractive and cheap compared to Foxtel.
Any opinions on any problems and quality / range (not the number) of
stations available?
I expect monthly bandwidth could take a belting if used much.
Regards
Brian
-----------------------------------
A reply

>Dig around on Google and you will find a lot of opinion to the effect
>that this is a scam. Possibly that's an overstatement, but it
>certainly seems that this service is not capable of delivering the
>video quality claimed.
>
>It appears to be be a piece of software which aggregates various freely
>available internet video sources of varying quality - apparently none of
>it HD as claimed.
>
>So don't expect a Foxtel replacement.

 Thankyou Roger
Too good to be true   ----  again.
Regards
Brian
Perhaps try a few grains of salt before parting with any cash!

Regards
Brian