[pure-silver] Re: what hardening fixer to use? or how to hardener-ing a non-hardening fixer?

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:37:26 -0400 (EDT)

Any rapid hardening fixer is good, but make sure you buy fresh stock,
because those fixers at pH of 4.5 range can sulfurize in a year or two
of storage depending on the condition.

Also, use wash aid if fixer contains hardener. Hardening fix requires
plenty of washing. If you are not willing to mix chemicals, I would
say films that require hardening fixer are not worth bothering.

From: Gianni Rondinini <bugbarbeq@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] what hardening fixer to use? or how to hardener-ing a
non-hardening fixer?
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:07:27 +0200