[pure-silver] Re: sulfite in PMK working solution

  • From: Sandy King <sanking@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 18:04:14 -0500

I am actually using sodium metabisulfite in my tests, not sodium bisulfite.

Would it be fair to say that one should substitute for the
metabisulfite (assuming that the label is accurate)  at the rate of
one part metabisulfite to two parts sulfite?

I would also conclude that it is probably not possible to know at
this point exactly what Hutchings used in the original formulation,
i.e. 1) pure sodium bisulfite, 2) a mixture of bisulfite and
metabisulfite, or 3) pure metabisulfite sold as bisulfite?

Sandy