[pure-silver] Re: sodium thiosulfate

  • From: Howard Efner <hfefner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 20:28:41 -0700

On Nov 26, 2008, at 7:10 PM, Eric Nelson wrote:

I had some dry sodium thiosulfate in a brown gallon jug. It solidified to the point that I couldn't break it up no matter how violently I shook the bottle so I cut off the top of the bottle to get to the chemical and used a mortar and pestle to break up what I needed at the time.

The rest I just covered with some saran wrap some months back.

Now it is no longer crystallized and just solid white chunks that will break up fairly easily. I'm wondering if this is any good? I mixed some and it is still an endotherm so that capacity is still there, but wondering if it will still "act" like ST. Using this to make farmers reducer.

Thanks!

Eric

It should still be good. Just a question of how many waters of hydration are still present.

Howard