[pure-silver] Re: [pure-silver]Fuji films was Re: Good news from Ilford - OK I'll support them ...

  • From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:26:44 -0400

>Fuji on the other hand is primarily a seller of
>color materials and Black and White is an afterthought for them.
>
>Speedy

I don't think that B&W is an afterthought for Fuji but merely that they
don't advertise these products much in the US.  Until recently Neopan SS
was next to impossible to obtain here.  It seems that B&W is better
appreciated in the orient than here.  Agfa did the same, they really
didn't advertise their B&W products very well in the US.

BTW, Neopan SS is a lovely fine grained ISO 100 old-style emulsion.