[pure-silver] Re: [pure-silver]: Regrets

  • From: Bill Stephenson <photographica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:31:43 -0400

Dear Uncle,

Despite the depressing news that the calendar participants will be
clothed (I had hopes here...), it sounds to me like a most advantageous
deal (for me). Since I am currently without darkroom, it would have to
be an all-digital production. Do you have standards? Ahem...I mean
standards for contributors to follow. I will make no serious attempt to
attain your personal standards, that being far beyond my powers as a
mere mortal, but I would like any submission of mine to be of
sufficient interest to avoid the bottom of the parrot cage for a day or
two.

Is there something in the way of subject matter that matters to you? Or
is all that matters is that the matter matters to me. And need the
matter be matted? And so on. What I'm seeking is guidelines; you could
offer them for the photos you'd like to receive, for clean and moral
living, for making good coffee, whatever...they're all useful
guidelines.

If I'm being obtuse, that's only normal. What I'm really trying to say
is that I'd love to exchange one (or more, if you can stand it) of my
worthless images, largely unpeopled (trees never complain that they
look fat) for the chance to spend the year with you on my wall. Or,
more simply yet, sure!

Awaiting guidelines and instructions,

Nephew Bill (or William, or "hey - you")