[pure-silver] old kodak paper identification

  • From: Dennis Purdy <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 11:47:31 -0700

I have this box of 11x14 Kodak paper that is marked exp in 1966 and I wonder what type of paper it was.

It is called AD-Type  A•1 light weight paper (single weight)

It has a very beautiful smooth natural white paper backing and a nice very lightly textured gloss surface.

I don't have any hopes of printing silver on it, however I am finding I can coat the back of it pretty well with platinum/palladium. Also it makes a very nice drawing paper. I have been fixing it out and washing it before doing anything with it.

thanks for any help or your time
Dennis Purdy