[pure-silver] Re: meter switched on me

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 11:40:36 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin Jangowski" <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2007 8:53 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: meter switched on me

On Sat, 5 May 2007, jcull@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I won't know how-in-the-world to process, not knowing when I shot at 100 and when at 400. I use d76 1:1. Can anybody offer experienced help
with such a problem?

Just develop it normally. You overexposed by about one stop, who cares? The film could be overexposed by 3 or 4 stops and would still deliver quite normal (if dense) negatives. Modern films have extremely long straight density curves and will only have very well defined shadows when
overexposed a few stops.

Grüße aus Hohenlohe,

 Martin Jangowski

| Martin Jangowski E-Mail: Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx| | Netzwerke und Multimedia | | Voice: +49 7946/3723 Fax: +49 7946/940791 | | Snail Mail: Von-Olnhausen Str. 4 74626 Bretzfeld Germany |

Because of the way the ISO standard is written it gives just about the minimum exposure possible for good shadow detail. Many photographers find an extra stop of exposure gives better shadow detail. Note also that the total range of a typical scene is perhaps seven or eight stops so two extra will not make much difference in tone rendition.

---