[pure-silver] Re: kentmere vs. forte

  • From: shannon stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:36:31 -0600

At 08:09 PM 3/13/2005 , >Arie wrote:

>The platinum toner that I use is 10gr. citric acid, 5ml. of 20% potassium
>chloroplatinate solution, distilled H2O to make 1lt.  I use about 10 to 12
>ml. per 8x10.  Many platinum prints from the late 19th and early 20th
>centurys that are in collections are actually platinum toned kallitypes.
>Once toned they are identical to platinum in color and tonal range.  Have to
>keep the costs down one way or the other.
>
>Arie

mar1405 from Lloyd Erlick,

Is it possible to use a platinum toner, like the one described above, on
ordinary black and white paper? Has anyone tried it on a warm tone material
like Ilford Warmtone FB (MGW), which is what I like to use??

regards,
--le
Lloyd Erlick Portraits, Toronto.
voice: 416-686-0326