[pure-silver] Re: holgas for biking, etc

  • From: Mark Blackwell <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:50:57 -0700 (PDT)

I have one of the older Nettar's but its old enough that the lens is uncoated.
Many are excellent lenses though and even the uncoated ones give good results
in many situations.  Still just a Nettar would be far too limiting in what I
have in mind, but I would agree that if you want a carry camera it is a fine
choice.

"Nicholas O. Lindan" <nolindan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: For a take-anywhere 120 I
use a Zeiss Nettar.

Cheaper than a Holga; but then it doesn't leak light,
has a coated triplet lens, focuses, real shutter, aperture,
doesn't vignette, self-timer, all metal, folds-up to protect
the lens, lasts forever ...

I guess with all that going against it, it isn't much of
a wonder that a Nettar is cheaper.

==
Nicholas O. Lindan
Cleveland Engineering Design, LLC