[pure-silver] glassine sleeves/envelopes

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure silver <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:47:35 -0700 (PDT)

Seems even the basics of film are getting harder to come by and now glassines
seem to be the latest victim.  For one large volume client I use glassines for
the negs as this speeds production considerably.
Savage made a model that I used to quickly deal w/the large volume film I have
to process here where a twin checked roll could be sleeved once cut quickly and
the twin check # written on the outside of each sleeve. They have discontinued
that model and Negafile was bought by another company and only remaining stock
is available.  I'm waiting on a call from them
I've found this version which would suit me well but costs more than Print File
pages!  Now I have to decide whether having the convenience of glassines is
worth the expense so if anyone has noticed their retailer selling off their
stock of glassines for 120 film, sized 3"x 10" or 11", let me know.

Thanks

Eric