[pure-silver] Re: dichroic fog

  • From: "Ryuji Suzuki" <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 21:12:52 -0400

I use rapid fixer for most applications.

I make ammonium thiosulfate-citric acid bleach from scratch, because
it's better to do so, rather than relying on a proprietary product for
off-label use.

There are some reasons why one might want to consider using nonrapid
fix. Ammonium ion is not very desirable to dump into drain in large
quantity, even if silver is recycled. But as far as I know this topic
didn't come up in this thread...