[pure-silver] Re: Xtol i deep tank

  • From: Fotograf Danny Twang <dannyt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 18:00:55 +0100

Thanks!

danny

On Nov 19, 2009, at 06:50, Fotograf Danny Twang wrote:

I've been using T Max RS in my deep tank for more than 15 years, and I'm pretty happy with it. But I've tried Xtol in small tank a few times, and really like the result. So I've played with the thoughts
of setting up a second tank with it.

Anyone tried Xtol in deep tank?

TIA,
danny

I am not sure how you would define a deep tank but I use Xtol in a 10 liter tank that is made from a 5 inch acrylic tube. I keep a floating lid on it and use it to Kodak's recommended exhaustion and do the time extension method according to their recommendations. I run 150 rolls through the 10 liters before I dump it and remix. I have done this since about 1995 and can't find anything that works better for me and the various films I process for lab clients. I use it undiluted.
Dennis

Danny,

I don't use Xtol in a deep tank, but I do use it replenished. I find it to be very reliable with excellent results. Once it is seasoned it produces negatives with very fine grain and sharpness, that are easy to print. I think it is better replenished than when it is diluted and it is more economical too. I highly recommend it .

Richard Wasserman

www.richardwasserman.net