[pure-silver] Re: Who actually manufactures Polaroid film?

  • From: "BOB KISS" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 13:48:36 -0400

DEAR BOB,
        I have been using Fuji instant film for years in my Hasselblad
Polaroid holder when I shoot film jobs with my Hasselblad.  I checked B&H
and they have it in both black and white and color in both 3.25 X 4.25 (for
medium format backs) and 4X5.  It is cheaper than Polaroid, the ISO is more
accurate, and the colors more accurate and saturated.  I used to swear by
Polaroid (using it for 'Blad, 4X5 and 8X10 commercial shoots).  When Fuji
Instant first came out the quality control was weak.  However, for the last
number of years it has been a consistently superior product.
                CHEERS!
                        BOB