[pure-silver] Re: Tri X 320

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 18:11:07 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 4:07 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Tri X 320

I recently purchased Tri-X 320 in 120 format and I can't find Dev Times for it. Digital Truth only lists for sheet film.

   Any ideas?

   Thanks

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.shampoo.ca

Ilford does not seem to list the ISO-320 version of Tri-X in its data sheets. I think the best you can do is to compare developing times for this film with others where times for both are given. The Kodak data sheet for Tri-X, which lists both emulsions and both roll and sheet film, is a good place to start. While the ratio of time is probably not exactly the same for some other developers this comparison will give you a starting place.
Kodak's data is more complete than most other manufacturers since it tells you the contrast index the charts are for. Finding the right developing time will take some experimentation because B&W processing is not standardized. I've found Kodak data to be pretty reliable.

---