[pure-silver] Stainless Steel Repair...

  • From: Ray Rogers <earthsoda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 07:30:54 -0800 (PST)

This is as good an opportunity as any...

I have a medium sized emulsion kettle for preparing
experimental emulsions in. Upon close examination, I
have found an apparent defect in the inner surface of
one kettle and wish to seal it up.

Does any one have any suggestion as to what might be
used to best seal up high quality stainless steel?

Possible ideas include hardened gelatin, silver and
silicon.

Any others? Any Ideas or comments??

Ray Rogers