[pure-silver] Re: Split Grade Printing Order Makes a Difference?

  • From: RobC <ps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 22:36:45 +0100

Just to add for clarity, you can do your soft or your hard exposure first when
doing your assessment test strips. The order doesn't matter because you are
making the assessment of how much exposure time each requires from the actual
result. But once you have done that, then the subsequent tests or final print
must be done in the same order or it negates the assesment of those test strips.
You may find the following link helpful.

http://www.lesmcleanphotography.com/articles.php?page=full&article=21

He has a book going into split grade printing in more detail.

There is a book by a UK photographer called "Les Ma