[pure-silver] Re: Somewhat Social/Political - Affects Photographers

  • From: Janet Cull <jcull@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 09:04:04 -0500

On Jan 6, 2010, at 12:50 AM, Bogdan Karasek wrote:

Who are they defending themselves against that they have to have a weapon by their side?

A few years ago a 2-doors-down neighbor of ours was up late and heard the doorknob turning. He is a sportsman, and is very comfortable with firearms. He cracked the door, sticking his gun in the face of a man high on drugs, saying; "come any closer and I'll shoot. run, and I'll shoot." He called 911 as he held the intruder there under the threat of his gun till the police came. I was just glad the junkie went to his door!

Another time a friend was driving through a bad part of town to get to his early morning job. He was stopped at a light, waiting, and he saw the flicker of something in his rear view mirror. Immediately there was a hand on his door handle. Mike keeps a gun and when he raised it the man fled.

I've never had either of those kinds of intrusions, but I can tell you these guys were thankful for the freedom to be ready.