[pure-silver] Re: Skintoness and Light

  • From: "Eric Neilsen Photography" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 12:22:44 -0500

Yes, the quality of the light is important. I have seen studio work that
absolutely destroyed the very "creamy" skin they were looking to create and
I have seen them loose the lips, eye color, etc by forgetting that they have
color as well. Not only can you put a filter on your lens to change the
response of the film such as a red filter, orange, blue, etc, but the lights
and diffusion material used directly affect the quality of the light through
changes in color temperature.  Those changes will show up in skin, hair,
eyes...

So Justin, Did you both shoot in the same lighting? Also, look at the
response curves of the B&W films that you use and see the difference in RGB
values; it might surprise you.

And just so I am clear, I do see creaminess and grainlessness  as to
different looks.

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9