[pure-silver] Re: Sistan Datasheet & new website

  • From: "Rob C" <puresilver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:11:06 +0100

Personally I don't don't favour the grey background but others like its
neutrality.

Methinks you have designed this site on your monitor which is set at a high
resolution with no regard for the fact that the majority of monitors are set at
1024x768 screen resolution. I also think that you have based your font sizing
on what your browser settings are. i.e. in IE6 if you set the font size to
medium then you get wrapping of text where you wouldn't want text wrapping
(order prints page, print sizes) and thats at 1280x1024 screen resolution.
Also bear in mind that about 1 in 5 people are still using 800x600 screen
resolution.
At 1024x768 resolution horizontal scroll bars are showing in IE6.
I would not use html file names with spaces in them. It works for current
browsers but not all browsers.

if you expect most of your viewers to be using 1600x1200 screen res then ignore
most of above and accept that some people will find it difficult to view.

rob c