[pure-silver] Silvergrain Chemistry

  • From: Elias Roustom <elroustom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:17:13 -0400

Hi All,

I've discussed the Silvergrain product line a few times on this list, and the last time it came up it was mentioned how expensive the shipping that was charged when buying it directly. I just ordered some Arista Edu RC paper from Freestyle for contact sheeting (beginning the process of sorting through my negatives and building an archive), and with it I ordered a quart each of Silvergrain developer and fixer. The shipping for all three items came to $5.99. So that's less than gasoline (and sales tax) to the nearest photo supply house, and much less than what Silvergrain was going to charge to ship when I tried ordering it directly from them, or through a local merchant. So if you're interested in trying this excellent low tox. developer, and it's quick washing long lasting neutral fixer, but were holding off because of shipping costs - go to Freestyle.

Elias