[pure-silver] Robert Polidori

  • From: Sauerwald Mark <mark_sauerwald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 06:15:29 -0700 (PDT)

I spent this past weekend visiting Montreal and saw an exhibition of Robert
Polidori prints at the Musee d'art Contemporain.   I had seen some of
Polidori's work in books before but never before in person - it is well worth
the visit if you are going to be in Montreal.   Incredible detail, control over
his focus and depth of field, just incredible...

I know very little about the technical aspects of Polidori.  Judging from
looking at the prints, he uses a large format camera - probably 8x10 or
larger.   The legends next to his images indicate that he is printing on Fuji
Crystal Archive paper - the prints were huge (I would guess on the order of
48"x60" and larger) and were being displayed with no glass in front of them -
it looked like they were mounted on a board and then framed without glass.
My guess is that the prints were mounted on some sort of very strong material
like a wooden or metal plate to be able to retain flatness on such a large
print.   Also I was curious to know if anybody knows if these are printed by
hand, or are they scanned and printed digitally?