[pure-silver] Question on AGFA status.

  • From: Tony Wingo <akw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 13:37:08 -0700

I don't personally use AGFA products -- other than occasionally
fooling around with Rodinal -- but I have several friends who are
dedicated users of AGFA films and/or papers, and they are concerned.
What I have heard is that AGFA Photo can't make payroll, and has
filed for some sort of protection. So the question I have is "What
sort of protection?". Are they seeking respite from their creditors
with an eye towards reorganizing and reopening _ala_ Illford and
Forte, or have they just thrown in the towel and plan to liquidate?

I'm hoping that Edward or another of our European correspondents can
shed some light here that I can pass on.

Thanks.
--

-tony

San Leandro, CA