[pure-silver] Re: Question for (ex) Forte Polygrade V FB users.

  • From: Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 06:35:14 -0400

On Monday 17 September 2007 21:15, Bogdan Karasek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I could chime in? When I finally went through my last box of Agfa
> Classic, I decided to go to Forte.  I had tried various papers, but
> mainly I was using Ilford IV  for the cold tones that it gave me for a
> certain type of photo, whereas Agfa Classic was my paper for toning with
> Selenium.  Beautiful!  So, last February,  I bought a box of Forte when
> I was in Toronto.  I get home a few days later and find out that Forte
> is shutting down.
>
> So I have the same question?  Oriental, Kentmere, what else is out
> there???  Is there a satisfactory substitute for Agfa and Forte?

        Agfa is being recreated sort of. Go to  www.apug.org there is a long
thread
on the issue. Basically a group of Agfa people have been hired and are using
a small scale setup to produce Agfa paper and eventually Agfa film. Right now
the paper is out being tested by end users. I haven't received mine yet but
others have.

        Nick