[pure-silver] Re: Paperdeveloper for roller transport machine...contamination

  • From: Claudio Bonavolta <claudio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 16:42:28 +0200

----- Message d'origine -----
De: "Dave Valvo" <dvalvo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 10:17:12 -0400
Sujet: [pure-silver] Re: Paperdeveloper for roller transport
machine...contamination
À: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>I just looked at this thread.  RC paper does soak in chemicals from the edges.
>  It is called "edge penetration".   Some papers are worse than others
>depending on the paper design.  The deeper the processor, the greater the
>pressure is from the chemicals and the greater the edge penetration.  Then the
>squeezing of the rollers acts as a pump when pressure is released.   RC papers
>if incubated will show yellow edges that rarely go beyond 1/4 inch.  SO if you
>are concerned about edge penetration cut a quarter inch off the sides.  BTW,
>Kodak had technology that prevented this from happening.
>
>You can NOT wash the paper to remove this.
>
>Dave

Dear Dave,
Do you know what's the impact of the residual fixer in the paper layer of an RC
print ?

Say, you overfix a RC print for an hour and then wash it carefully to be sure
the emulsion has a low level of fix in it.
Will have the fix in the paper the possibility to impact the emulsion layer
through the plastic layer in-between or by other ways ?

Thanks,
Claudio Bonavolta
http://www.bonavolta.ch