[pure-silver] OT - Great Quote

  • From: Adrienne Moumin <photowonder2010@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pure Silver <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 13:59:13 -0400

From a recent NY Times Article on Irving Harper, a 93-year-old Modernist
product designer:

When an admirer gave Harper an Apple computer in return for a gift of some
vintage graphics, the designer hauled it to his upstairs studio, where it
remains unused in a closet. “With a computer there are too many choices, and I
always liked working within limits,” he said. “You know, if you look at Mozart,
who had this strict classical framework — an allegro, an andante, a scherzo and
a finale — you see that within that formula, he got results he might never have
gotten if he had all the options in the world.”

It's a great analogy for what we do in the darkroom, I think.

full article text here:

http://nyti.ms/bsX7ee

Adrienne Moumin
on the web at: www.picturexhibit.com