[pure-silver] Re: No More Below the Lens Polymax Filter Kits?

  • From: Don Sweet <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 11:06:10 +1300

High intensity LEDs covering the bluer parts of the specturm have been on
the market for the last 10 years or more.  I wonder why they cannot provide
an easy substitute for enlarger lamps; they are apparently stable, with very
low power consumption and virtually heat generation, and last for ages.  A
switchable bank of mixed frequency LEDs would seem to be a natural match for
VC paper.  Has his been done, or do LEDs present some fiendish design
problem in this context?

Don Sweet