[pure-silver] Re: Measuring low levels of silver in fixer

  • From: "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 03:13:34 +0100

Peter

You've got it. I think, your observation in combination with John's note is the answer. Don't leave that fixer out in the open.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com

This electronic message contains information that is confidential, legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. This information is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, printing or any other use of, or any action in reliance on, the contents of this electronic message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy the original message immediately.

P don't print this e-mail unless you really have to

On Feb 03, 2010, at 01:09, Peter Badcock wrote:

Just the 'normal' fixer smell of fresh Ilford Rapid Fix which slowly dissipates the longer I leave it out. I guess once that smell's gone it is no good.

The only sulphur smell I'm familiar with is Hydrogen Sulphide ! And it didn't smell like that. It certainly wasn't an ammonia smell.

rgds
Peter

On 3 February 2010 10:45, Ralph W. Lambrecht <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Is there a slight smell of sulfur after it was left out in the open for a while?