[pure-silver] Re: Light Leaks with Large Format

  • From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:47:59 -0800

Re: [pure-silver] Re: Light Leaks with Large FormatI think it was Bob
Soloman ( The product line guy here in the US for HP Marketing, the Linhof
importer) that said the double taper was used just because it was lighter
then the single taper.....

Or so I remember......

Anyway, if you get info directly from Camera Bellows, please pass it on....
Frank Filippone
red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The current double-tapered bellows are too thick, squeeze together too tight
and are consequently overburdened. I think the reason for the double-taper
was rigidity, but I think that the new bellows materials used by Camera
Bellows are more rigid anyway. Why not use single-tapered bellows, which
makes it cheaper, and while at a re-design, drop a few folds, losing a bit
of extension but gaining a lot durability?