[pure-silver] Re: Kodak selling its film & paper divisions

  • From: "Ben R. McRee" <ben.mcree@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 15:03:41 -0400

There is an already lengthy discussion of this announcement on APUG (and
another on RFF I believe)

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum390/109319-its-offcial-kodak-selling-its-film-business.html

There's a great deal of venting here, as well as off-topic discussion.  But
someone named Colleen Krenzer, who says she works for a pr agency associated
with Kodak's film and paper business, has posted and attempted to clarify the
announcement (posts no. 74, 95, 97, 105 so far).

According to those posts, commercial film includes aerial and industrial
products, not what goes into our cameras—it is not for sale.  Nor is motion
picture film.  But apparently all the still film we use is up for sale.

--Ben