[pure-silver] Kodak Gray Negative Contact Screen

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <BKarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 16:23:36 -0500

Hello,

I was just cruising the darkroom section on ebay and came across this " Kodak Gray Negative Contact Screen" (#160722629230). I did a Google search and basically I was informed that it is used for making "contact prints" which is what I assumed. But what exactly does it do? nothing. Talk of lines per inch but that doesn't tell me anything.

Can anybody here give an explanation as to why one would want to use such a beast? It does serve a purpose....

Cheers,
bogdan K