[pure-silver] Re: Kodak Anti-Foam

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:22:20 -0500 (EST)

From: "Breukel, C. (HKG)" <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Kodak Anti-Foam
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:05:39 +0100

> The only small problem I ran into that the developer foams when
> (carefully) poured back in the bottle.

Although I personally don't find this problem (I leave DS-14 in a slot
processor), you can use one of defoaming agents if it really annoys
you. THere are different types of defoamers but perhaps the most
effective is silicone oil emulsion. (I use it when coating emulsions
together with a surfactant.)

In some old photographic formulae, milk is used as a defoamer. I don't
know how effective it is but it's easy to see bacteria causing
problems. (Manufacturers of photographic chemicsla often add
bactericides to even plain developers.)

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."