[pure-silver] Keeping The Transition Of Lists Sane

  • From: Tim Daneliuk <tundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 16:11:40 -0500

I failed to comment when someone else suggested this earlier, and I
should have. The whole business of transitioning lists is causing all
manner of OT chatter. That's fine with me, given the circumstances.
However, we need to exercise a bit of discipline here out of respect for
people who don't care about the whole "Where should p-s be hosted?"
topic.

Therefore I strongly *urge* people to use the following protocol:

Messages about the list shutdown/rehost should ONLY go to the old list.
That is: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx should now be used ONLY for
administrative/OT discussion about the list's future.

On Topic (i.e. B&W silver photography) should be sent ONLY to the new
list: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

By doing this, people can "tune in" to only those conversations they
actually care about. Obviously, if the freelists eventually gets
replaced by something else, the people there would be notified by the
current admin-in-residence.

This will be my LAST post to both lists simultaneously since no topic
should ever be appropriate for both. I will also strenuously endevor to
avoid to responding to posts that do not follow this protocol to try
encourage people to do this.

We need to maintain a level of sanity and civility to make sure the
transition(s) of this list are as minimally invasive to our fellow
members as possible, while maintaining plenty of open dialog on the
disputed administrative issues.