[pure-silver] HCA

  • From: john stockdale <j.sto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:09:54 +1000

On the subject of guessing the contents of KHCA, I noticed that the 1 US gallon pack contains 502g of powder. (Nice to see the USA a little bit metricated). This is eqivalent to 132.6g of powder for 1Litre of stock solution. If (a big IF) the stock contains 100g sodium sulphite and 20g sodium metabisulphite, it leaves 12.6g for the EDTA4Na and sodium citrate. Just guessing. It couldn't be that easy.
==========================
At 09:24 AM 6/04/2006, you wrote:

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 16:16:58 -0700 (PDT), "Eric Nelson"
<emanmb@xxxxxxxxx> said:

> So I take it the consensus here is that 2-5 gms of EDTA and sodium
> citrate (not citric acid, right?) should be used with this wash aid
> formula with hard city water and especially if the solutions will be
> stored in stock dilutions. I just want to use a safe mixture without
> calcium scale risks, etc.  I use a gallon of stock every 2-3 weeks so
> comparatively, an extra gram or 2 of one or 2 compounds doesn't tip
> the scale much in terms of cost  for me.

I'd use 2 to 5g tetrasodium EDTA and 5g sodium citrate. You can put more
of these with no harm, within reason, but just more waste.