[pure-silver] Re: Good news from Ilford - OK I'll support them ...

  • From: "stebramato@xxxxxxxxx" <stebramato@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pure-silver" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:53:38 +0200

> July 13, 2005, from Lloyd Erlick,
>
> OK, I'm convinced. Kodak does not want my money and neither does Agfa.
>
> I am prepared to throw my entire financial empire behind Ilford, every bit
> of it. All the trillions in monthly cashflow, plus the accumulated zillions
> both on- and off-world. I've gone as high as a hundred rolls of film used
> in but a single month, so wot th' 'ell...
>
> The big question - which Ilford black and white film available in 120
> format should I explore? I've been using Kodak TMY for a long time, just
> about since it was released, so which Ilford film will give me similar
> results?
>
> Consider your answers carefully, please, financial empires hang in the
> balance ...
>
> regards,
> --le

if you liked the tmax feeling, your choice is to work with delta films from
Ilford. Delta are nice films but like tmax don't tolerate so well IMO pushing
or pulling treatments.

Btw if you want a superior film, a modern emulsion with *old style*
capabilities your choice is Neopan 400 or Acros.

I prefer so far the Fuji films, IMO they give me so nice results that I never
had the will to use Tmax and Delta.
Try this fujifilms in Xtol or Microphen. better i've developed my personal
dvelopers form my scratches.
But xtol 1+1 + Neopan (or Acros) are simply the best couple IMO.
Second place for Microphen 1+1.

Trust in me, go to Fujifilm's.

Ciao,
Stefano Bramato