[pure-silver] Re: Fwd: List message routing

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 13:08:14 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pablo Kolodny" <pkolodny@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2008 10:07 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Fwd: List message routing

Begin forwarded message:

From: Pablo Kolodny <pkolodny@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: November 30, 2008 3:27:33 PM GMT-02:00
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [pure-silver] List message routing

Elias,

same thing happens to with other email lists when I send from my gmail address. I think it's a gmail thing. Nothing to do with your email client settings. Nor with other stuff.

Regards

Pablo

On Nov 30, 2008, at 1:59 PM, Elias Roustom wrote:

This is a technical question - sorry to send to whole list, but don't who in particular can help me with it.

When I post messages I don't get a copy of them myself. Is there something wrong, or is there a fix?

Elias

There are two possibilities, one is that the list option to send your own posts to you is not checked. This is, I think, set on as a default setting by Freelists. The other problem may happen if your ISP uses certain spam blocker software and you have the spam blocker turned on. I do not see my own posts to any mailing list using "dickburk", I have to manually transfer each from the "suspect mail" folder to the inbox using Earthlink's web mail site. This is a PITA. Evidently its a bug in the spam blocker sofware. A third possibliity is that your mail client is set no to show your own posts.