[pure-silver] Re: Fuji Rembrant paper ?

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, georges.giralt@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 16:22:05 -0500 (EST)

From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Fuji Rembrant paper ?
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 22:09:12 +0100

> I'll like to know if it is an FB paper, and if it is variable contrast.

Yes to both, but the variable contrast works a bit differently.

The paper comes in two weights (0.18mm and 0.29mm thickness), and
comes in default grade of 2 and 3.  With Fuji VG filter set, the
contrast can be changed from those default grades. The thinner version
has brighter white base and cooler black. The thicker version has
warmer base and black. (designated by G2, G3, F2, F3; F for thinner
ones) All these come in glossy surface only.

For more details see (if you can make sense out of it):

http://fujifilm.jp/personal/pdf/film/monochrome/paper/ff_fujibromiderembrantv_001.pdf

They recommend Ag Guard and they claim it provides protection
equivalent to gold protective treatment. I wonder if their test
results are published...

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."