[pure-silver] Re: Found Film Prints

  • From: Snoopy <snoopy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:36:53 +0100

Dear Bob et. al,.

my Mom just turned 80 and she is sorting out lots of her old stuff. She recently sent me 85 single b/w negatives in 6x9 cm (2.5x3.5 inch) made with her very first camera around 1955/1956 (a Kodak Retina if she recalls correctly but I am not sure if they made something of that format. Could have been AGFA, bu she cannot really recall).

Printed them up with my old Durst (probably the same age) and the prints are fine.

It's very similar to your situation: I learnt so much about my family sending her the prints and talking to her about them, I took copious notes.

I now have a picture of my father as a younger man boarding a truly funky looking VW Beetle pre-cursor! :-) Plus I never knew my Dad was such a swash-buckling lad (after all he did get on my nerves a lot as parents do :-))

As they say: when you are 14 your parents are moronic tyrants. When you are thirty with your own kids its amazing how much more knowledge your parents have gained in the meantime :-)

It's really great digging in the past...

Love
Snoopy

At 04:09 24.01.2008, you wrote:
http://westfordcomp.com/updated/found.htm