[pure-silver] FW: Re: Emulsion hardening for reversal processing of 35mm B&W film

  • From: "Mike Kirwan" <mkirwan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:10:03 -0800

Just joining this thread, late, as I thought I had subscribed some weeks
ago...

I used a number of the formula and procedures that Dignan published many
years ago. They were very simple..

The first developer was:

Water
Calgon - 2.0 grams
Metol - 6.0 grams
Sodium Sulfite - 50 grams
Hydroquinone - 6.0 grams
Sodium Carbonate - 60.0 grams

I then decided this was a little too much work, so I made up a liter of
standard D-76, diluted it 1:1, added 2.0 grams of Calgon and 20 grams of
carbonate. Development time was 8 minutes..worked just fine.

- Mike