[pure-silver] Re: Experts: Ansel Adams photos found at garage sale worth $200 million

  • From: Peter Badcock <peter.badcock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 21:03:45 +1000

 On 28 July 2010 15:35, Don Sweet <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A good answer to this question must also deal with the possibility that
> they
> aren't by Adams.
>
> The more I read the lawyer's statement as reported in the CNN article the
> less confident I became.  It sounds like a closing address to a jury:
>    Experts, including a former FBI agent and a U.S. attorney, "came to the
> conclusion that,         based on the evidence which was overwhelming, that
> no reasonable person would have
>    any doubt that these, in fact, were the long-lost images of Ansel
> Adams," Arnold said
>
> So, if all the "reasonable" people are later shown to be wrong, and some
> future buyer is looking at a loss of $200m, who should compensate whom?
>
> Don Sweet

Don, did you gloss over the following paragraph ?

"*I have sent people to prison for the rest of their lives for far less
evidence than I have seen in this case,*" said evidence and burden of proof
expert Manny Medrano, who was hired by Norsigian to help authenticate them.
"*In my view, those photographs were done by Ansel Adams.*"

If Manny is lying then bad luck for the buyer and/or those in prison.

Peter