[pure-silver] Re: Delta 100

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,KironKid@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 22:38:28 -0700

Kiron,

Please do not send attachments to the pure-silver mail list.

Thanks,

Jim

At 01:23 AM 4/19/2007 -0400, KironKid@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 4/18/2007 9:05:27 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, mail1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

KK why do you prefer Delta100?

Jonathan

I never liked the tonality and blown out highlights that I got from the T-Max films. I also found them to be quite finicky in exposure and development. I once did a side by side test of the T-Max & Delta 100, shooting the exact same subject, same lens and same time. I found the tonality and contrast of the Delta to be much better. The negs had more life, etc. I tried to like the T-Max films, ever since their advent, but I've found the Delta's and Fuji B/W films to be much nicer.

Kiron Kid

"If you're photographing in color you show the color of their clothes - if you use black & white, you will show the color of their soul"