[pure-silver] D2 filter source

  • From: Mark Blackwell <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 20:00:41 -0800 (PST)

Well in dealing with another problem today with the old D2, I confirmed
something I suspected some time ago.  Though Id never admit it to the wife,
some time ago I had the enlarge plugged into a system of power strips using
them as switches to turn the unit off and on.  Well I forgot to tell her what
was going on an why they were like they are and sure nuff Murphy was awake.
Its the old Simmon Cromega D Lamphouse.

She came though and plugged something else in the strips and turned them on
leaving the units bulb on, but not the fan.  Well to no surprise we smelled
something later and I figure out the problem.  To check another problem out
today I found out that at least the yellow filters had been melted.  No
surprise.  The others may be cooked too, but even if they aren't they have to
be old as dirt.

I would like to just replace them all.  Does anyone know a source where I can
get these without spending an arm and a leg for them.  There is a list of part
numbers on the side, but I am fairly sure they aren't current.  Perhaps there
is more of a universal replacement that would work in this lamphouse.  If
filters aren't an option, anyone know a place that might have an old lamphouse
they would want to get rid of that would fit that base.

I don't print color, but its a great contrast control for b&w and would like to
make it work properly.  When you have a bad day, sometimes it just gets worse
lol.

Mark