[pure-silver] Bullshitters do not go on...

  • From: Snoopy <snoopy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 09:00:50 +0200

Don=B4t know about you, but this bullshitter here called Snoopy is now=20
leaving the list. I have kids of my own to take care of. I don=B4t need the=
=20
extra work to cope with more obnoxious behaviour.

What an utter and complete waste of time.

Love, all the same,
Snoopy

At 17:07 05.06.2005, you wrote:
> [...]
>Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Getting back on track was Re: Agfa Sistan...=20
>now Selenium Protection
>Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 17:00:31 -0700
>
> > Courtesy is a necessity if one wants to have a civilized society. I
> > think there are so many benifits to a civilized society that I have
> > no question as to its desirability.
>
>Posting information once was out of my courtesy. Simply because I have
>just that much courtesy, if you think someone else can demand further
>public service out of me, that's entirely wrong, especially because
>that someone does not have any personal need for that information.
>Two people indeed demonstrated that they found the info with no
>trouble. In retrospect I should not have contributed any information
>from the beginning. People like to repeat inaccurate statements that
>they want to believe than to pursue truth and rationales. Some people
>are so satisfied with incomplete information cut and pasted from old
>books that they don't want to hear about a new line of evidences.
>
>Internet forums have full of low quality information of questionable
>accuracy, with lots of cut and paste work from books and magazine
>articles (and USENET posts by someone else).  Not enough people get
>their asses up to consult credible sources and run experiments of
>their own to evaluate the reliability and repeatability of the
>reported information. Thus nonsense grows and they becomes "truth"
>once it's repeated enough number of times. Richard Knoppow used to
>criticize this very fact with reference to the Nazi propaganda, but I
>must say he is trapped in the very problem that he criticized for
>several topics.
>
>I hate to deal with nonsense no matter how pain in the ass Ralph
>Lambrecht is.  I probably won't change my no-BS attitude to
>photography in general. Certainly not because Richard Knoppow and Jim
>Brick decide something out of Ralph's annoyance. But as I told several
>people off list I'm sick of this brouhaha and I let them continue
>whatever they have to say.
>
>One thing I know is that bullshits can sometimes solve problems when
>the field is actively lead by industry with lots of financial
>incentives but BSs are nothing more than harm when the field is
>shrinking and trying to converge on the minimal set of quality work
>that survives.
>
>People already had enough ugly fights when pure-silver was split, and
>when name callers left (only to rejoin a few months later). Many
>people were already disappointed to see that aspect of this community
>but I further learned that the group wasn't getting any better. It's
>time to cut my losses.  I won't share any information with this list
>in the future.
>
>--
>Ryuji Suzuki
>"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."
>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D