[pure-silver] Re: Anyone have *starting* times for Neopan 400 and PMK?

  • From: john stockdale <j.sto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 07:34:58 +1000

There is a very nice collection of portraits by Ed Krebs at http://edkrebs.com/

He uses Neopan400 and PMK and from rec.photo.darkroom some time ago I read
that he uses 12min for 35mm, 13min for 120 at 70degF and "less 1.5min if
the subject is in full sun".

I have used these times myself and they are about right for me (cold light
head) and I don't like contrasty negs.  Neopan is not a new tech type of
film.  It is the only film I use for normal photography.  I prefer to give
less agitation than most people seem to recommend for PMK. I've never had
any problems with lack of uniformity.  I use EI=200.

Let us know how you like it.

John S