[pure-silver] Re: Anasco Cykp Postal Card "Prints At Night" Normal cards

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 22:16:48 -0700

M-Q is Metol-Hydroquinone, Dektol would be fine. I can't make out from the subject if this is Cykon or another Ansco paper. If Cykon it was a slow contact speed very warm tone paper, at least c. 1940. This may have been something else. My guess is that its probably fogged beyond saving. Benzotriazole is about the most effective of the common anti-fog agents but I no longer remember the recommended dilution. I would snip a bit of the paper and see if it blackens in the developer without exposure.

On 8/27/2016 9:56 PM, Martin magid wrote:

I purchased from an antique store an apparently unopened box of a half-gross of these cards. The date on the bottom of the box is Nov. 1, 1918. From Google it appears that M-Q developer was used to develop prints on these cards.

What are the chances that prints can be made from this paper? Would Dektol be OK? What dilution? Can you suggest a better developer? With benzotriazole, or something else.

Thanks for any info!

Marty

--
Richard Knoppow