[pure-silver] Re: Airport Security vs. Roll Film

  • From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:33:31 -0500

Some French speakers in Canada often pretended not to speak English even though
it is required thru high school.  In one example, a waitress in a hotel dining
room where I stayed for several days refused to recognize any English and was
very cold and unhelpful.  When she discovered that I was American and not
English speaking Canadian her  demeanor completely changed and I got extra
attentive service.

Jerry