[pure-silver] Re: ARISTA-EDU Ultra 100iso

  • From: Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 17:27:23 -0500

richard lahrson wrote:
> sb4 is a sodiun sukfate stop bath with potassium alum. i no longer use a
> hardener.  FYI, potassium alum mixed equally with salt is an excellent
> toothpaste, an ancient yoga practice, but not great taste! rich

No. It uses Potassium Chrome Alum, which is why it is hardening.

An earlier poster remarked "The only problem with the Efke is that it
has a REALLY soft emulsion. You have to use a hardening fixer and treat
it very carefully when wet."

Since it is already wet when it comes out of the developer, I thought
this stuff might help.

My grandmother, or grandfather, just used precipitated chalk as tooth
powder. Tooth powder was in common use until a little after WW-II. Some
people use Sodium Bicarbonate alone or as one of many ingredients in
their teeth cleaning efforts.

>> On Dec 22, 2011 8:04 AM, "Jean-David Beyer" <jeandavid8@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> <mailto:jeandavid8@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>
>> Tim Daneliuk wrote:

>> When I was going through my chemistry phase, I mixed up SB-4 stop bath
>> for this. A hardening stop bath. But for the films I was using, this was
>> ridiculous. Might be useful here.

 ^^-^^ 17:15:01 up 23 days, 7:03, 3 users, load average: 5.08, 4.79, 4.70